Celebrating the true gift of Christmas.
If you want a study tool to go along with the podcast, see Lift Notes here:
The True Gift of Christmas
December 24th, 2011 by Kasey Crawford
God is the ultimate ________-giver:
This year, with each present received, let it help us remember the ____ who is the ultimate gift-giver.
Even the tradition of Santa emerged for this reason.
- Santa Claus comes from the word _____________ which is a Dutch translation of _________ __________. Saint Nicholas was a 4th century Christian _________ of Myra (in modern day turkey) who was known for his ___________, __________ gift-giving to the poor.
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights. James 1:17
- The real Saint Nick teaches us that the ________ reason why we give and receive gifts is to _____________ the ultimate gift giver.
Do you know God as the ultimate gift-giver
Fear not, little flock, for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom. Luke 12:32
Of all the wonderful gifts God gave us, Christmas is the time to reflect and celebrate that God gave us the greatest gift ever: _____________!
The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel”—which means, “God with us.” Matthew 1:23
Christmas is the greatest gift because it had the greatest ________.
Christ Jesus, who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God the Father something to cling to, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a slave, being born in human likeness. And being found in human form, he humbled himself and became obedient to death—even death on a cross! Philippians 2:6-11
- The stakes couldn’t have been __________, the cost couldn’t have been __________, but it was Jesus’ clear choice:
“No one takes my life from me, but I lay it down of my own accord.”
Christmas is the greatest gift because it’s for your greatest ______.
- One of the key things to making a gift great is that its something that the person actually ________ and _________.
“The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy, but I have come that they may have life and have it abundantly.” John 10:10
- In the Christmas gift, Jesus couldn’t have met a more dire ________ or brought a deeper _______.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
28250 Bradley Rd
Menifee, CA 92586
Ⓒ 2023 Elevation Church.